Meet with our Doula
Early on in our pregnancy I realized that I would like to have a Doula to assist us during the delivery as labour and delivery is something that Shawn and I have zero experience with.
When I began researching, I learned that doulas help shorten labour and delivery times and also help to have less medical interventions during the labour and delivery.... For someone who hates hospitals this is great news!
We have met with our doula Gillian twice now to go over our birth plan, techniques/positions to help labour progress and various pain management options. She will come to our house or meet us at the hospital once labour begins and will stay with us throughout the delivery and for a short period after to ensure mom and baby are doing well and off to a good start with feeding. She also comes for a visit or two once we are home again to follow up with feeding.
So for now her number has been programmed into my phone and she's on call for d-day!
Baby Shower
This will be it's own post!
30th Birthdays x 2
January always hosts a big birthday bender in our house! I am the older lady for one whole week until my lovely husband has his birthday exactly one week (to the day) after mine.
Since we had big birthdays this year hubs had the day off to celebrate mine, we started off with an appt at the OB then went and looked at a newly listed house in our neighbourhood. It was love at first sight for me...he liked it too! Mind you it was dated, light fixtures, faucets, carpets and cupboards etc, but the layout was my dream house! And the house was super clean... Unlike another house we once looked at...and bought 4 years ago!
We put in an offer, and another and walked away for a few days, finally we came back meeting what the seller wanted and they accepted another offer that night! (Which I think later got beat by another offer). Oh well we have a good idea what we are looking for and it would of been fun listing and trying to sell our house while 8+months pregnant! Our eyes are open for one down the road!
Between our birthdays our family pulled a little fast one on us and our "birthday dinner" turned into a surprise party... They are lucky it didn't induce labour (my bags weren't packed at that point!) The first surprise was a visit from Shawn's sister from the sunny south, unfortunately for her it was during the second polar vortex of the month! After we had a nice family dinner people started to show up, and over the night it was more and more family and friends! Shawn and I are very grateful for everyone who helped us celebrate 30! (Stay tuned for Kyrstin 30.5 where I can actually "celebrate")
Maternity Photos x 2
This will be it's own post!
Last day of WORK!
As of Monday February 17th I am officially on Maternity Leave! Now I get the joys of organizing the 'paper'work of my two jobs with Service Canada... I am already not a fan of their customer service phone support... 35 mins on hold and I didn't even get to speak to a voice.... Not just a person, but a voice to give me some direction.
So now I sit with my feet up eating bonbons waiting for BabyG to come...jk (kinda...not really!)

No comments:
Post a Comment