What we've been up to for the last 3 Months!
Bathroom: Finally got worked on & FINISHED!
With Shawn having to work out of a town basically an entire month after he had decided to tear apart our main bath November allowed him a little more free time to work on and finish the work and I couldn't be happier with the results!
A recap from the last time I posted about the bathroom...for this project we plan on:
Remove old floor tile& replace with new tileRemove tub & surround, replace with tile & new tub- New tub & shower faucet
- New counter top
- Paint cabinets & straighten drawers
- Frame around the basic builder's mirror (as seen on pinterest)
- Paint walls
- New light fixture - with more light
We were able to complete everything on the list. Nothing overly crazy went into this reno just some nice clean updated materials. We planned for a very conservative $1500 for the budget and although we went over slightly I feel the money was well spent and puts a little more value into our house!
Nursery was started & FINISHED!
Once the bathroom was completed we moved onto the nursery!
- Replaced the old window (ourselves)
- New counter for the built in desk / change table (DIY concrete counter?). (Opted not to do)
- New Closet Doors? (Opted not to do)
- Paint
- Light Fixture
- Window Covering
- Furniture & Decor
- Relocate "office" stuff into the guest room
The nursery went rather quickly. We started with the window while the weather was decent then it was basically painting and trim. All the rest was more decor details. We did not change out the counter tops or replace the closet doors. The functionality of them is still in perfect working condition and it didn't seem worth the work or cost to make a change.
Prenatal Classes & Hospital Tour
We took a weekender prenatal class in November offered from Rhea Eady at The Family Wellness Centre. As far as prenatal classes go this one was AMAZING! Exactly the style I was looking for and not strictly giving the hospitals medical views and opinion like a few other courses in Windsor that I have heard of. It was encouraging and educational. Highly recommend it for any parents to be!
The next month we met up with Rhea again at Met hospital for a tour. Gave us a good idea what to do the day of, what the hospital has to offer us and the baby and we got an idea what we needed to bring for our labour & delivery. We were very lucky we opted to do the tour in December because the hospital went into a flu outbreak and they have cut all visitors and tours since.
Christmas & A Little Getaway
We started off the holidays with an early morning ice skating at Commerica Park on the ice set up for the events for the winter classic. This also was during the kick off of our streak of sub zero temperatures. It was an awesome experience though!
I unfortunately had to work every holiday over the holidays. It made our busy Christmas visiting schedule even more crammed but the holidays fell on my days to work and with being off the following year I figured it was something I just had to do (and the holiday pay didn't hurt).
We had originally planned a little getaway up to Traverse City for a few days between Christmas and New Years, but Shawn had some issues at work and didn't want to risk cutting the trip short so we stayed more local.
Our night away actually worked out better for us. I was in desperate need for some maternity clothing and found the only Gap in Michigan that carries Maternity was at Partridge Creek Mall. The day we went was sunny and mild and a perfect day for walking this outdoor mall. It was still decorated for the holidays and had great post holiday sales! The mall is also pet friendly and it was funny to be shopping with dogs actually in the stores and change rooms. Tons of cute pooches out for a stroll & some shopping!
I shopped til I dropped that day, but got some great deals to get me through the rest of my pregnancy. We stayed at the Hilton in Auburn Hills, it was beautiful! We had a suite with separate living room and the room itself was another great deal! I will stay there again! (Nicely located between Somerset and GreatLakes if you are planning a shopping weekend!)






No comments:
Post a Comment