Sunday, 23 February 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Showering of Baby G with love!

Early January we (Baby G & I) had a wonderful afternoon with family and friends as they showered us with love and kindness as they helped hubs and I get ready for the arrival of our bundle of joy!
In preparation for the shower I knew I  didn't want a big to do at restaurant, so we had an open house at our place and this allowed our guests to see the nursery completed (may have encouraged us to 'get 'er done' as well!)

Maybe my nesting phase was really early (because it hasn't happened yet this late in the pregnancy!) but I had so many little DIY ideas to do for the shower. Just wanted to add some cute little personal touches. I also spend my 'midnight laying in bed wide awake time' on Pinterest and Etsy... So the ideas were flowing!

My moms and sisters helped provide all of the wonderful food and beverages for the shower and the spread was delicious! 
Since it was an open house it would be difficult for some shower games to be done with guests coming and going, so we had a few other activities for guests to be involved in. The first was a guess the date game.
Guests picked a day and wether they felt Baby G is a boy or girl. The due date is March 5th with lots of guesses centred around that date! We will have to see who the winner will be!

The next activity was to help create an Alphabet book for Baby G's library. 
Family and friends selected a letter and drew a picture to complete the page. We are blessed with some incredibly talented ladies who created beautiful pages for the book. I can't wait to start reading it once he / she arrives!

I also wanted to be able to capture some photo memories of the day and set up a photobooth so myself and guests could strike a pose! 
It was such a wonderful day! Shawn, myself and Baby G are so incredibly blessed and can't express with words alone how grateful we are for all the love and kindness everyone has shown to us and the upcoming arrival of our bundle of joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment